04 Jun 2019
Control your backyard with your smartphone
With this easy and inexpensive solution
You own a pool (or you’re about to buy one) and wish you could use smart home features? You don’t need to break the bank or to replace your actual equipment with this electrical load controller. You only need to connect it to your pool pump and water heater to create schedules, turn the equipment on/off remotely, apply timers or create scenes with other smart homes devices (like these smart switch and dimmer).
Did you know?
According to Hydro Quebec ‘Pool, filtration and heating account for up to 20% of a household’s annual electricity costs.’ A pool pump doesn’t need to run 100% of the time for the water to be crystal clear. Sinopé’s Smart Electrical Load Controller helps you control the pump and heater on the go so you can easily reduce your summer energy bill!
Here are the simple steps to follow for a smart backyard that you can control on the go.
1. Select a clear area in the pool shed to install the Smart Electrical Load Controller to control the water heater.
2. A load controller is already installed on the pool pump. Installing both devices side by side is just more convenient.
3. The load controller is fixed to the wall, ready to receive the cut and unsheathed wires.
4. Each wire is placed in the appropriate terminal, and connectors are firmly tightened.
5. The cable is secured by the clamp to maintain everything in place.
6. Select the position of the selection switch based on the wiring. All important information is printed on the device to facilitate installation and use.
7.The installation is quickly completed, and the device can be powered up. It’s now possible to control the pool’s water heater from any smartphone.